27 August Daily Announcements

Good Morning Bobcats! Today is Friday, August 27, 2021

We hope everyone enjoyed Morning Music in the Courtyard to celebrate our athletes and musicians. Thanks for coming out! We’ll see you in the courtyard at 7am before all Friday Home games.

Principal’s Message: Good Morning North Port Bobcats!

Thank you for a great opening to the 2021-2022 school year. I appreciate everyone coming to school on time, abiding by the Student Code of Conduct and coming to school ready to learn. We are excited to have volleyball and football seasons as well as Marching Band and many other activities start this week.

On Friday, August 20th, the Sarasota County School Board went into an emergency meeting regarding the rise in COVID cases. As of Friday, DOH had the community spread for Sarasota at 23.4%. To put this in perspective, when we shut down 4th Quarter of 2020, community spread was below 5%.  Last year, we were able to stay around 10% with schools open.

For the last 10 days, at NPHS we’ve had 400-700 students out daily and 10 -20 staff. Much of this is directly Covid related.  Due to the rise in all schools’ numbers in the district, the School Board voted on a mandatory mask policy that will be fully implemented on Monday, August 30th. The only exemption to this policy is a medical exemption that can be found at the Sarasota County Schools website.

The School District is asking us to help curb the spread. The goal is if the rate drops below 8% for three consecutive days, the mask policy will be rescinded. How do we do this? Please remember to wash your hands, stay home if you don’t feel well, do not share food/drinks, socially distance when possible and wear a mask during school hours and at all events.

One of the biggest indicators of student academic success is attendance. Students who are not in school do not receive adequate instruction, lack access to clubs, sports and other socializing activities, and run the risk of not qualifying for programs such as AICE and VPA when they can not keep up expectations.

Last year, our students did not have an opportunity for a Homecoming Dance, Prom, and other student activities that are paramount to the high school experience. Our hope is by curbing the spread early, we can keep these essential events for YOU, our students, and maintain as many traditions as possible for the 2021-2022 school year.

As always, thank you for remembering North Port Works: North Port Wins, and have a wonderful Friday!

Today is our first home football game. The Bobcats will play Estero at 7:30pm. Come out and support your football team in the student section. The theme for this week’s student section is Hawaiian!! Students can pre-purchase their tickets for 5 dollars during all lunches today.

Coach Belser wants to thank everyone for their support of our football team. We hope to see everyone at 7:30 for the game.

There is another Student Government meeting on August 30th and Sept 7th after school. All officers are required to attend and anyone is welcome to come.

The Volleyball team knows how to excel on the court and have fun in the process!  They want to challenge all other sports teams and clubs to submit dance-off videos to show off their talents.  Let’s represent our activities and have some fun in the process!

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Go Bobcats! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!