9 September Daily Announcements

Good Morning Bobcats! Today is Thursday September 9, 2021

If you applied to be a tutor, please check you N# email to see if you have been accepted. If you did not receive an email at all, please see Dr. Little or Ms. Kennedy. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis, so please keep turning them in if you are interested in tutoring. If you have already been accepted, training is on Thursday after school.

For all 9th grade students.  If you took an online course over the summer, that your middle school counselor approved, you need to go into your FLVS account. Change your school to North Port High School instead of your middle school. Your counselor does not have access to your account. They can’t look for courses and approve any future courses, unless your school says North Port High School.

And for all grade levels, if you notice that any online course that you took has not been added to your transcript, please EMAIL your counselor so that they can check on this for you.

Students without Parking Permits -The grace period has ended. You cannot park on campus without a permit. Parking permits are available to purchase from Mrs. Skelton in Athletics during lunch. There are some good spots available so hurry and get that permit. Ms. Jean has started giving out tickets.

The Legend Yearbook needs YOU! Send us your Bobcat Spirit pictures from school events. We want to see you with your friends, staff, or fun events! Use the Yearbook SNAP app or www.yearbookforever.com and the code “bobcats” to submit your pics. We’re also looking for pictures of you on summer vacation, or with your pets.

It’s college application week! Common Application Workshop will be Tuesday September 14th during all lunches. Direct to Institution Application workshop will be Wednesday September 15th during all lunches. Finally, SSAR which is for transcripts for schools like FAU, FSU, and UF will be Thursday September 16th during all lunches. Make sure to RSVP in Naviance because seating is limited. If you have any questions, see Ms. Thiel in the Student Success Center.

Seniors!

Seniors, join the BAND messaging system for the Class of 2022. Scan the QR code to join and get updates and information about important Senior events.

Sports!

Tickets for home varsity football games will be on sale for $5 until Friday during all lunches. Tickets at the gate are $8. This Friday’s spirit theme for the game is Red, White, and Blue. We’ll see you at Friday’s game against Cardinal Mooney.

Girls soccer conditioning continues right after school by the stadium entrance. It also continues next Tuesday through Thursday.

There will be an informational meeting for Boys soccer on September 15th directly after school in room 4-113. Please see Coach Thomas in Guidance if you have any questions.

Clubs!

Today there is the Life Skills Club that is from 2:15 and goes to 3:15 in building 5 room 105.

Florida Future Educators of America (FFEA) will be hosting the first meeting on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 in Room 5-107 at 2:20 after school. Any students who are interested in the field of Education or working with children in any capacity are welcome to attend. Meetings will be every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Send an email to Mrs. Grundtisch if you have any questions!

True Colors G.S.A. meets on Thursday September 16 after school in Ms. Lord’s room 7-209. We have several rainbow arts-and-crafts planned.

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Go Bobcats! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!