13 September Daily Announcements

Good Morning Bobcats! Today is Monday September 13, 2021

Do you need a quiet place to study or do homework after school? Do you need motivation to get your work done or reliable technology to do it with? Do you need help understanding a concept or assignment? If the answer to any of these questions is YES, come to the After School Study Hall & Tutoring in the media center starting on Monday, September 13 at 2:30. There will be peer tutors on hand and there will always be a teacher present and available to help. Students can stay until 4pm. There is not a bus at this time. Students must have transportation home.

Teachers available:

Mondays – Math

Tuesdays – English

Wednesdays – Science

Thursdays – History / Social Studies

Starting Sept 14th we will be administering the FSA English Language Arts State Reading and Writing Assessment to all Juniors and Seniors who have not yet met this state graduation requirement. This includes any students who have moved here from other states, other countries, or private schools, as well as those who missed their 10th ELA Assessment.  Testing takes place for 3 consecutive days starting at 7:30 AM and lasts approximately 2 hours. Your English class teacher will fill you in on specific details.   Stop by Mr. Knight’s office in the Media Center (1-212) if you have questions.

For all 9th grade students.  If you took an online course over the summer, that your middle school counselor approved, you need to go into your FLVS account. Change your school to North Port High School instead of your middle school. Your counselor does not have access to your account. They can’t look for courses and approve any future courses, unless your school says North Port High School.

And for all grade levels, if you notice that any online course that you took has not been added to your transcript, please EMAIL your counselor so that they can check on this for you.

It’s college application week! Common Application Workshop will be Tuesday September 14th during all lunches. Direct to Institution Application workshop will be Wednesday September 15th during all lunches. Finally, SSAR which is for transcripts for schools like FAU, FSU, and UF will be Thursday September 16th during all lunches. Make sure to RSVP in Naviance because seating is limited. If you have any questions, see Ms. Thiel in the Student Success Center.

This Friday, September 17 is “Why Apply Day,” as well as the registration deadline for the October 23 SAT. Mrs. Thiel can help you figure out your WHY and register for college admissions tests, too. Stop by the Student Success Center to see her.

People for Trees is seeking volunteers for their upcoming Tour De North Port – information in Student Success Center

Any Student looking for volunteer hours and wanting to help out at next weeks North Port Cross Country Invite, please see Coach Phu 7-106 or Coach Reed 8-206

Sports!

Tickets for home varsity football games will be on sale for $5 Wednesday through Friday during all lunches. Tickets at the gate are $8

Girls soccer conditioning continues next Tuesday through Thursday. Meet by the stadium entrance. See Coach Mazzoni with questions.

There will be an informational meeting for Boys soccer on September 15th directly after school in room 4-113. Please see Coach Thomas in Guidance if you have any questions.

Clubs!

Florida Future Educators of America (FFEA) will be hosting our first meeting on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 in Room 5-107 at 2:20 PM.  Any students who are interested in the field of Education, or working with children in any capacity are welcome to attend. Meetings will be every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. Send an email to Mrs. Grundtisch with any questions!

SGA Meeting in Ms. Hamer’s Room 7-115 from 2:15 to 3:15 today

Key club is on Tuesday in 7-113 from 2:30 to 3:30

TSA meeting is on Wednesday 2:30 to 3:15 in room 4-106

True colors meeting is on Thursday in 7-210 from 2:15 to 3:15

Academic Olympics will meet on Tuesday’s beginning Sept. 21 in Mr. Foust room 7-215 after school.

True Colors G.S.A. meets on Thursday September 16 after school in Ms. Lord’s room 7-209. We have several rainbow arts-and-crafts planned.

The Art Honor Society is accepting applications for new members. If you are in grades 10th, 11th, or 12th grade and interested in art, please see Ms. DuBois in room 2-118 for an application. Applications are due this Friday, September 17th .

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Go Bobcats! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!