16 September Daily Announcements

Good Morning Bobcats! Today is Thursday, September 16, 2021

Any Student looking for volunteer hours and wanting to help out at Friday’s North Port Cross Country Invite, please see Coach Phu 7-106 or Coach Reed 8-206

ACT/SAT tutoring will happen every Thursday in room 8-205 from 2:30 – 4:00 for any student wanting to raise his or her test score or to obtain an FSA concordant score.

This Friday, September 17 is “Why Apply Day,” as well as the registration deadline for the October 23 SAT. Mrs. Thiel can help you figure out your WHY and register for college admissions tests, too. Stop by the Student Success Center to see her.

Do you need a quiet place to study or do homework after school? Do you need motivation to get your work done or reliable technology to do it with? Do you need help understanding a concept or assignment? If the answer to any of these questions is YES, come to the After School Study Hall & Tutoring in the media center starting on Monday, September 13 at 2:30. There will be peer tutors on hand and there will always be a teacher present and available to help. Students can stay until 4pm. There is not a bus at this time. Students must have transportation home.

Teachers available:

Mondays – Math

Tuesdays – English

Wednesdays – Science

Thursdays – History / Social Studies

For all 9th grade students.  If you took an online course over the summer, that your middle school counselor approved, you need to go into your FLVS account. Change your school to North Port High School instead of your middle school. Your counselor does not have access to your account. They can’t look for courses and approve any future courses, unless your school says North Port High School.

And for all grade levels, if you notice that any online course that you took has not been added to your transcript, please EMAIL your counselor so that they can check on this for you.

Sports!

There is girls soccer conditioning today. Meet by the stadium entrance. See Coach Mazzoni with questions.

There will be a girls softball interest meeting on Tuesday, September 21st at 2:30 p.m. in 4-205. Please see Coach Lowy or Coach Martinez with any questions or if you cannot attend the meeting.

Seniors!

Cady Studios will be back on campus on October 14 and 15 for senior portraits. This is for seniors to get a formal yearbook photo and cap & gown photo taken. Check out the video linked below or on our homepage for help with registration. You can also call them to schedule: 678-722-3449.

Senior Bundle Sales have been re-opened for a limited time only. Purchase yours on the School Store by going to northporthighschool.net, clicking on Parents & Students, and clicking on School Store. Sales will close for the final time on Thursday at midnight so don’t wait. Buy yours today! Make sure to put your shirt size in the note on your order.

Clubs!

True Colors S.G.A. has a meeting today after school in Ms. Lord’s room 7-209. We have several rainbow arts-and-crafts planned.

The Art Honor Society is accepting applications for new members. If you are in grades 10th, 11th, or 12th and interested in art, please see

Ms. Dubois  in room 2-118 for an application. Applications are due this Friday, September 17th .

Academic Olympics will meet on Tuesday’s beginning Sept. 21 in Mr. Foust room 7-215.

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Go Bobcats! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!