21 September Daily Announcements

Good Morning Bobcats! Today is Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Sports News!

The North Port High School Swim Team will host its second home meet against Venice High School this Wednesday (9/22) at 5 pm at the North Port Aquatic Center. This meet will be dedicated to NPHS Class of 2013 and Swim Team Alumni Kim Valle who was recently and tragically lost. Come out to support the team and honor Kim’s memory. Tickets for spectators are just $5.

There is a mandatory parent and wrestler seasonal wrestling meeting on Monday, September 27, 2021 at 6:00 PM. North Port High School room 5-209, Coach Kemble’s room. 

Attention Boys Soccer players: After school weight training will begin today at 3:30. It will be running Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 3:30. Please see Coach Thomas with questions.

Scholarship Opportunity!

National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated every year from September 15th to October 15th

We would like to invite all North Port High School students to participate in the essay contest.

The Hispanic Heritage Month Essay Contest is open to all 4th-12th grade students in Florida. Each student is encouraged to submit one essay no longer than 500 words based on this year’s theme: “Celebrating Hispanic-American Community Leaders and Champions” A winner will receive a 4-Year Florida College Plan scholarship provided by the Florida Prepaid College Foundation.

Student contest forms must be mailed to Volunteer Florida or submitted online at www.FloridaHispanicHeritage.com.

All entries must be received by 5 p.m. (ET) on Monday, October 11, 2021

We encourage all students to participate in this great opportunity.

Volunteer Florida

Hispanic Heritage Month Committee

1545 Raymond Diehl Road, Suite 250

Tallahassee, Florida 32308

Clubs News!
  • Academic Olympics will meet on Tuesdays beginning Sept. 21 in Mr. Foust room 7-215.
  • Math Lab is Mondays and Thursdays. If you want to get help with your math class, go to 4-114 on Mondays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 3:30.
  • Anime Club meets Wednesday in 8-214. TSA also meets Wednesday in 4-206.
  • ACT/SAT tutoring will happen every Thursday in room 8-205 from 2:30 - 4:00 for any student wanting to raise his or her test score or to obtain an FSA concordant score.
  • FCA the Fellowship of Christian Athletes resumes next Friday, September 24, during all lunches in 1-203. Pizza will be provided.
  • Fishing club will be meeting right after school Wednesday in the TEL Lab, 4-102. We will meet until 3, please make sure you have transportation set up. If you're interested in talking about Fishing come on by.

Academic News!

Do you need a quiet place to study or do homework after school? Do you need motivation to get your work done or reliable technology to do it with? Do you need help understanding a concept or assignment? If the answer to any of these questions is YES, come to the After School Study Hall & Tutoring in the media center Monday through Thursday. There will be peer tutors on hand and there will always be a teacher present and available to help. Transportation is available.

Any student wanting to ride the courtesy bus after attending a club, event, or tutoring, here is the process: Stop at the Media Center between 2:15 and 2:30 to sign in. Go attend your club, event, or tutoring. Return to the Media Center after your supervised event is over. Make sure you are back before 4:45pm to ride the bus.

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Go Bobcats! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!