22 September Daily Announcements

Good Morning Bobcats! Today is Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Sports!

If you are planning to go to Friday’s AWAY game vs Ida Baker in Cape Coral the game starts at 7pm and there are no tickets being sold at the gate. Tickets must be purchased online. Link below our announcements. https://gofan.co/app/events/350926?schoolId=FL69050

There is a mandatory parent and wrestler seasonal wrestling meeting on Monday, September 27, 2021 at 6:00 PM. North Port High School room 5-209, Coach Kemble’s room.

Attention Boys Soccer players: After school weight training will be today at 2:45. It will be running Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2:45-4:00. Please see Coach Thomas with questions.

The North Port High School Swim Team will host its second home meet against Venice High School this afternoon at 5 pm at the North Port Aquatic Center. This meet will be dedicated to NPHS Class of 2013 and Swim Team Alumni Kim Valle who was recently and tragically lost. Come out to support the team and honor Kim’s memory. Tickets for spectators are just $5.

Academics!

National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated every year from September 15th to October 15th.  We would like to invite all North Port High School students to participate in the essay contest. The Hispanic Heritage Month Essay Contest is open to all 4th-12th grade students in Florida. Each student is encouraged to submit one essay no longer than 500 words based on this year’s theme: “Celebrating Hispanic-American Community Leaders and Champions” A winner will receive a 4-Year Florida College Plan scholarship provided by the Florida Prepaid College Foundation.  Student contest forms must be mailed to Volunteer Florida or submitted online at www.FloridaHispanicHeritage.com.  All entries must be received by 5 p.m. (ET) on Monday, October 11, 2021.  We encourage all students to participate in this great opportunity.

Volunteer Florida Hispanic Heritage Month Committee   1545 Raymond Diehl Road, Suite 250  Tallahassee, Florida 32308

Clubs!

• Math Lab is Mondays and Thursdays. If you want to get help with your math class, go to 4-114 on Mondays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 3:30.
  • Anime Club meets Wednesday in 8-214.
  • TSA also meets Wednesday in 4-206.
  • Fishing club will be meeting right after school Wednesday in the TEL Lab, 4-102. We will meet until 3, please make sure you have transportation set up. If you’re interested in talking about Fishing come on by.
  • ACT/SAT tutoring will happen every Thursday in room 8-205 from 2:30 – 4:00 for any student wanting to raise his or her test score or to obtain an FSA concordant score.
  • Life Skills Club is every 4th Thursdays so it will be this Thursday 23rd at 2:25 in Room 5-105.
    • Do you want to learn how to:
    • Read your paystub?
    • Read your W2 – Do your taxes?
    • Sew a mask?
    • Sew a button?
    • Prepare a budget?
    • This is the club for you. Thursday 23rd at 2:25 in Room 5-105.
  • FCA the Fellowship of Christian Athletes resumes next Friday, September 24, during all lunches in 1-203. Pizza will be provided.

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Go Bobcats! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!