19 January Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats today is Wednesday, January 19th, 2022.  

Attention: All current 10th or 11th grade students that are interested in attending STC for the 22-23 school year, applications are located in Guidance if you have not received one already.  All applications are due on Friday, Feb 4th, 2022. All instructions will be included with the application. North Port High WILL NOT take applications after Friday. Feb 4th, 2022. 

A representative from Lynn University will be in the SSC tomorrow, January 20, at 10:30am. Interested students should see Mrs. Thiel or register in Naviance. 

If you’re looking for the perfect after school and summer job, the North Port Aquatic Center will be here for a hiring event on next Friday, January 28th, during all lunches. Stop by then, or see Mrs. Thiel for information. 

Next test date for DFY-Drug Free Youth is February 3 at 2:30-5:30 at Morgan Center. Text 941-257-3019 to reserve a spot. April is the last test retake date for seniors to earn a graduation cord. 

Make sure to wear your ID badge visibly at all times while on campus. If your badge gets lost or destroyed, a $5 fee will be charged to your account for a replacement. 

Seniors!

Seniors, 2022 Grad Bash ticket sales begin on Tuesday, January 18. See the senior class Blackboard page or email Mrs. Thomas ([email protected]) for all the information. All required paperwork must be submitted with payment for your ticket purchase to be completed. 

Sports!

For any girls interested in playing beach volleyball this spring, there will be a quick meeting right after school on Monday 1/24 in the Guidance Conference room. 

Saturday, January 29th, the NORTH PORT BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM is hosting a cornhole tournament!  Events begin at 9 am.  Please see Coach Power if you are interested in participating! 

Anyone interested in trying out for the baseball team there are workouts this week and next week to prepare for the tryouts on January 24th. If you have any questions see Coach Mayer’s room in 7-108. 

Anyone interested in joining the tennis team Boys or Girls needs to meet on the tennis courts after school today.  You should be dressed ready to play 

Clubs!

Philosophy Club starts Wednesday in room 8-201 

Anime Club goes on every Wednesday in room 8-214 

K-POP Club starts Thursday in room 8-101 

LGBT+ students and allies, please join our True Colors meeting on Thursday in room 7-209. Please also join our REMIND. The code is @trueco 

Every Friday, FCA meets in the TEL Studio during all lunches, with pizza provided  for participants in the club. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!