1 February Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Tuesday February 1 , 2022 

Students need to be checking their school N# email regularly, at least 2-3 times per week.  The counselors use this A LOT to send you messages.  It is also a great way for you to contact your counselor.   

During scheduling season, counselors will be sending you emails with questions they may have regarding your schedule.  If you don’t respond to it, you may not get your first choice.   

Other people who send emails include Ms. Thiel, Administrators, and Sports information.  If you need help accessing your email, ask your friends, or any teacher. 

Any current 10th or 11th grade student that’s interested in attending Suncoast Technical College (STC) for the 2022-2023 school year must submit both a completed application AND an online class contract to Ms. McDougall no later than Friday, February 4th, 2022 in the guidance department to be considered.  

STC will return to the NPHS campus from Tuesday, February 22nd through Thursday, February 24th, for short interviews with each applicant.  These appointments are assigned to each student and they will receive a pass with their scheduled date and time prior to their meeting.  

Additionally, STC will now be accepting current 11th grade applications to their Fire Fighter/EMT & Cosmetology programs alongside with their many other program options.  STC also just added a new Electricity program pathway as well.  These are great new opportunities for our current 10th & 11th graders.   

Should you have any further questions, please contact your assigned School Counselor.

Our next blood drive is on Friday, February 4th.  You can sign up for the blood drive on Wednesday February 2nd and Thursday February 3rd in the cafeteria during all lunches.  Please help us continue saving lives in our community by donating.  One unit of blood can save up to three lives. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Backstrom in room 5-102. 

Next test date for DFY-Drug Free Youth is February 3 at 2:30-5:30 at Morgan Center. Text 941-257-3019 to reserve a spot. April is the last test retake date for seniors to earn a graduation cord. 

Make sure to wear your ID badge visibly at all times while on campus. If your badge gets lost or destroyed, a $5 fee will be charged to your account for a replacement. 

Prom – A Starry Night will be held on April 30 at The Venice Community Center. Keep an eye on these announcements for more details. 

Seniors!

Grad Bash tickets are selling quickly.  The last day to purchase a ticket is February 10th Grad Bash is April 1. Purchase tickets in 4-113; cash, check, or credit card. See the Senior Class Blackboard for more details. 

Order those cap and gowns! Order through Jostens or scan the QR code. Everyone needs a tassel and medallion package. Email Mrs. Thomas if you have any questions. 

Deadline to order to guarantee on-time delivery is April 1. Late fees apply. 

Seniors, the yearbook is looking for seniors to write a goodbye message for your class, the school, or the staff. Check out all the details and submit your message on Blackboard by February 6. If you want to order a yearbook, the price is still only $80. Order at www.yearbookforever.com. 

Sports!

VPA Dance is holding auditions for the 22-23 school year on February 11th 2:30-4:30 in room 2-119 for all current NPHS Students. All are accepted. Auditions are for level placement, no experience is required. Applications are available at northportvpa.org. Interested students can email Mrs. Nelson or Mrs. Slay or stop by either dance room for more information.

Athletes in Girls Soccer, Boys and Girls Tennis, and Baseball will be held on Tuesday afternoon in the central courtyard. Players on these teams should check with your coach ASAP for details. All other Spring Sports pictures will be on Thursday, February 24th. Sports photos are available on www.cady.com. 

Clubs!

National Honor Society will have a meeting Wednesday in room 8-114 at 7am.  

Poetry club will meet Wednesday after school in room 8-114. Stop by for some creativity and a sweet treat. All are welcome! 

Philosophy Club meets Wednesday in 8-201 

FFEA meets Wednesday in 5-107 

Anime Club meets Wednesday in 8-214 

K-Pop Club meets Thursday in 5-101 

FCA meets Friday during all lunches in the TEL Studio. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!