3 February Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Thursday, February 3 , 2022 

Students need to be checking their school N# email regularly, at least 2-3 times per week.  The counselors use this A LOT to send you messages.  It is also a great way for you to contact your counselor.   

Students check your school email 2-3 times per week. Counselors may be contacting you!  

During scheduling season, counselors will be sending you emails with questions they may have regarding your schedule.  If you don’t respond to it, you may not get your first choice.   

Other people who send emails include Ms. Thiel, Administrators, and Sports information.  If you need help accessing your email, ask your friends, or any teacher. 

Any current 10th or 11th grade student that’s interested in attending Suncoast Technical College (STC) for the 2022-2023 school year must submit both a completed application AND an online class contract to Ms. McDougall no later than Friday, February 4th, 2022 in the guidance department to be considered.  

STC will return to the NPHS campus from Tuesday, February 22nd through Thursday, February 24th, for short interviews with each applicant.  These appointments are assigned to each student and they will receive a pass with their scheduled date and time prior to their meeting.  

Additionally, STC will now be accepting current 11th grade applications to their Fire Fighter/EMT & Cosmetology programs alongside with their many other program options.  STC also just added a new Electricity program pathway as well.  These are great new opportunities for our current 10th & 11th graders.   

Should you have any further questions, please contact your assigned School Counselor.  

Guidance will be hosting an informational session for any student that is interested in learning more about Dual Enrolment at State College of Florida or SCF on Tuesday, February 15, 2022 during 2nd period at 8:25 – 9:18 in the Tel Lab. 

Students should check any teachers blackboard page, or stop by any school counselor’s office to use the link or scan the QR code to sign up to attend. You must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be a rising Junior or Senior to qualify for Dual Enrollment. https://forms.office.com/r/yEsT6NJBqK.  The deadline to sign up is Friday, Feb 11at 2:00 pm. 

The Environmental Conservancy is looking for volunteers to help with their 5k run on Saturday February 19. The event is at Myakkahatchee Environmental Park. Details are on RunSignUp. You can send an email to [email protected] with questions or to volunteer. 

Teachers, please release the students attending the Experience Engineering field trip to STC at 8:55AM (on Thursday) to room 4-107.  Check your email from Mr. Jakoby with the list of students 

Next test date for DFY-Drug Free Youth is February 3 at 2:30-5:30 at Morgan Center. Text 941-257-3019 to reserve a spot. April is the last test retake date for seniors to earn a graduation cord. 

Our next blood drive is on Friday, February 4th.  You can sign up for the blood drive on Thursday February 3rd in the cafeteria during all lunches.  Please help us continue saving lives in our community by donating.  One unit of blood can save up to three lives. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Backstrom in room 5-102. 

Prom – A Starry Night will be held on April 30 at The Venice Community Center. Keep an eye on these announcements for more details. 

Seniors!

Grad Bash tickets are selling quickly.  The last day to purchase a ticket is February 10th Grad Bash is April 1. Purchase tickets in 4-113; cash, check, or credit card. See the Senior Class Blackboard for more details. 

Order those cap and gowns! Order through Jostens or scan the QR code. Everyone needs a tassel and medallion package. Email Mrs. Thomas if you have any questions. 

Deadline to order to guarantee on-time delivery is April 1. Late fees apply. 

Seniors, the yearbook is looking for seniors to write a goodbye message for your class, the school, or the staff. Check out all the details and submit your message on Blackboard by February 6. If you want to order a yearbook, the price is still only $80. Order at www.yearbookforever.com. 

Sports!

VPA Dance is holding auditions for the 22-23 school year on February 11th 2:30-4:30 in room 2-119 for all current NPHS Students. All are accepted. Auditions are for level placement, no experience is required. Applications are available at northportvpa.org. Interested students can email Mrs. Nelson or Mrs. Slay or stop by either dance room for more information. 

SENIOR NIGHT IS THIS FRIDAY IN THE CAGE.  Come on out and support the Boys’ Basketball team as we say goodbye to our Seniors. Activities begin at 6:30.  Game begins at 7:00pm. 

Clubs!

K-Pop Club meets Thursday in 5-101 

FCA meets Friday during all lunches in the TEL Studio. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!