4 February Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Friday, February 4 , 2022 

If any Junior or Seniors are interested in learning more about careers in Construction (including electric, welding, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, operating large machines, masonry, or tiling),  please consider attending a trip on March 10th to Manatee Tech.  For more information and registration, please see Mrs. Rhoten in 5-207  

Students need to be checking their school N# email regularly, at least 2-3 times per week.  The counselors use this A LOT to send you messages.  It is also a great way for you to contact your counselor.   

During scheduling season, counselors will be sending you emails with questions they may have regarding your schedule.  If you don’t respond to it, you may not get your first choice.   

Other people who send emails include Ms. Thiel, Administrators, and Sports information.  If you need help accessing your email, ask your friends, or any teacher.  

Guidance will be hosting an informational session for any student that is interested in learning more about Dual Enrolment at State College of Florida or SCF on Tuesday, February 15, 2022 during 2nd period at 8:25 – 9:18 in the Tel Lab. 

Students should check any teacher’s blackboard page, or stop by any school counselor’s office to use the link or scan the QR code to sign up to attend. You must have at least a 3.0 GPA and be a rising Junior or Senior to qualify for Dual Enrollment. https://forms.office.com/r/yEsT6NJBqK.  The deadline to sign up is Friday, Feb 11at 2:00 pm. 

NHSDA is selling Valentines’ candy-grams at all lunches starting on Monday. A treat costs $2 and you can include a personalized note for your special someone (or friend). 

The Environmental Conservancy is looking for volunteers to help with their 5k run on Saturday February 19. The event is at Myakkahatchee Environmental Park. Details are on RunSignUp. You can send an email to [email protected] with questions or to volunteer. 

Prom – A Starry Night will be held on April 30 at The Venice Community Center. Keep an eye on these announcements for more details. 

Seniors!

Grad Bash tickets are selling quickly.  The last day to purchase a ticket is February 10th Grad Bash is April 1. Purchase tickets in 4-113; cash, check, or credit card. See the Senior Class Blackboard for more details. 

Order those cap and gowns! Order through Jostens or scan the QR code on the screen. Everyone needs a tassel and medallion package. Email Mrs. Thomas if you have any questions. 

Deadline to order to guarantee on-time delivery is April 1. Late fees apply. 

Sports!

VPA Dance is holding auditions for the 22-23 school year on February 11th 2:30-4:30 in room 2-119 for all current NPHS Students. All are accepted. Auditions are for level placement, no experience is required. Applications are available at northportvpa.org. Interested students can email Mrs. Nelson or Mrs. Slay or stop by either dance room for more information.

SENIOR NIGHT IN THE CAGE.  Come on out and support the Boys’ Basketball team as we say goodbye to our Seniors. Activities begin at 6:30.  Game begins at 7:00pm.

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!