23 February Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Wednesday February 23, 2022.  

College Night at Venice High School. On Tuesday, March 1, Venice High School hosts the 19th annual Sarasota County College Night. At 5:30pm, presenters will explain the State Admissions system. From 6 to 7:30pm, college admissions representatives from over 60 colleges and universities will meet with students in the gym. Come out to college night on March 1.

If you can’t make it to College Night, there is still time to apply to SCF and take advantage of Free App February! Using the promo code FreeAppFeb, apply to SCF for free! Scf.edu/apply FreeAppFeb 

Come out on Thursday, February 24th, from 6 pm – 7 pm to Suncoast Technical College (Sarasota) to learn about the following: 

Find out about opportunities available to our students in the region at trade and tech schools 

Hear from our industry experts about myths surrounding these career pathways 

Learn how these educational programs have the power to transform lives and lead to long-lasting, well-paying, and personally fulfilling careers 

Both parents and students are invited to attend! Refreshments will be provided. RSVP online. Lwrba.org/springboard 

Are you 18 and thinking about your future? PGT Industries in Venice is looking for 21 student interns. Interns must be 18 years old. Pay starts at $15/hr. The company is looking to select these internships now to formally start later this spring.  If interested, email Jessica Murphy ([email protected]) and attach a current resume. If you need help writing your resume, see Mrs. Thiel in the SSC. 

We hope everyone will join us on Friday afternoon as we host the Bobcat Relays. This is one of our big track and field competitions. Come out and support our athletes! Good luck, team.

Students that had a 4.0 gpa last quarter (2nd quarter) can sign up to play kickball for the Tobacco FREE Kick BUTTS game against STAFF that is March 11th during 8th period.  See Ms. Stringer in room 5216 or send an email to Ms. stringer to sign up to play and for more information. 

Any student interested in joining Theatre Arts VPA, please see Ms. Henderson for an application and audition times and information.  Applications are due by February 25th 

Attention all VPA Seniors. Our 2022 Senior VPA Showcase will be held on March 23rd with a dress rehearsal on March 22nd. If you are interested in applying to display your work or perform, please use the link posted here and submit your application before February 28th. If you should have any questions, please feel free to stop by Mrs. Slays classroom 1-210 or send her an email. 

Seniors!

Cap & Gown photos for seniors are available now on the Cady Studios website. visit www.cady.com/capgown22 to check out your photos. 

There are still seats available for Grad Bash. Time is running out. See Mrs. Thomas in 4-113. 

Prom information is available now on Blackboard

Thursday March 3rd is the second to last time you can recertify and be tested as a DRUG FREE YOUTH for the DFY graduation cord at the Morgan Center from 2:30 to 5:30. 

Clubs!

There is a D-FY CATCH Club meeting on March 1st at 645AM in room 5-216 (Stringers Room). You do not have to be a member to attend the club.  

On Thursday after school there will be a Crypto Club meeting in Mr. Blecke’s room.

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!