25 February Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Friday February 25, 2022. 

We hope everyone will join us this afternoon as we host the Bobcat Relays. This is one of our big track and field competitions. Come out and support our athletes! Good luck, team. 

Students that had a 4.0 gpa last quarter (2nd quarter) can sign up to play kickball for the Tobacco FREE Kick BUTTS game against STAFF that is March 11th during 8th period.  See Ms. Stringer in room 5216 or send an email to Ms. stringer to sign up to play and for more information. 

College Night at Venice High School. On Tuesday, March 1, Venice High School hosts the 19th annual Sarasota County College Night. At 5:30pm, presenters will explain the State University Admissions system. From 6 to 7:30pm, college admissions representatives from over 60 colleges and universities will meet with students in the gym. Undecided? Ready to apply? Come out to college night on March 1. (flyer) 

If you can’t make it to College Night, there is still time to apply to SCF and take advantage of Free App February! Using the promo code FreeAppFeb, apply to SCF for free! Scf.edu/apply FreeAppFeb 

Are you 18 and thinking about your future? PGT Industries in Venice is looking for 21 student interns. PGTI student interns must be 18 years old. Pay starts at $15/hr. The company is looking to select these internships now to formally start later this spring.  If interested, email Jessica Murphy ([email protected]) and attach a current resume; she can provide details. If you need help writing your resume, see Mrs. Thiel in the SSC.

Seniors!

Listen up! Cap & Gown photos for seniors are available now on the Cady Studios website. visit www.cady.com/capgown22 to check out your photos.

There are still seats available for Grad Bash. Time is running out. See Mrs. Thomas in 4-113. 

Prom information is available now on Blackboard

Thursday March 3rd is the second to last time you can recertify and be tested as a DRUG FREE YOUTH for the DFY graduation cord at the Morgan Center from 2:30 to 5:30.

Clubs!

On Tuesday morning there is DFY-Catch in 5-216 (Ms. Stringer room) at 6:45.  

The Poetry Club meeting is scheduled for room 8-114 after school.  

On Wednesday morning there is National Honor Society in 8-114.  

Wednesday afternoon choose Anime Club in 8-214 or Philosophy Club in 8-201. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins! Have a great day and be your Bobcat Best!