28 February Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Monday, February 28, 2022 

25 students from TSA traveled to Orlando and proudly represented NPHS at the TSA State Conference last week. We’ll have complete results on tomorrow’s news. 

College Night at Venice High School. On Tuesday, March 1, Venice High School hosts the 19th annual Sarasota County College Night. At 5:30pm, presenters will explain the State University Admissions system. From 6 to 7:30pm, college admissions representatives from over 60 colleges and universities will meet with students in the gym. Undecided? Ready to apply? Come out to college night on March 1. 

If you can’t make it to College Night, there is still time to apply to SCF and take advantage of Free App February! Using the promo code FreeAppFeb, apply to SCF for free! Scf.edu/apply FreeAppFeb 

Students that had a 4.0 gpa last quarter (2nd quarter) can sign up to play kickball for the Tobacco FREE Kick BUTTS game against STAFF that is March 11th during 8th period.  See Ms. Stringer in room 5216 or send an email to Ms. stringer to sign up to play and for more information. 

Seniors!  

Thursday March 3rd is the second to last time you can recertify and be tested as a DRUG FREE YOUTH for the DFY graduation cord at the Morgan Center from 230 to 530.

Sports!

Are you interested in Cheering on the sideline or competing with our state ranked team next year? There will be a Mandatory Pre-tryout meeting for Cheerleading on Wednesday, March 9th in the cafeteria at 6:30pm.  You and a parent/guardian must attend to get all of the information to be able try out in April.

Clubs!

On Wednesday we have a school record for number of club meetings. Help make it a huge day for participation here at NPHS. 

National Honor Society in 8-114 at 7:00 am

After School:

Fishing Club starting in 7-215 and then out to the lake.

Philosophy Club in 8-201.

Anime Club in 8-214.

FFEA in 5-107. 

There is a D-FY CATCH Club meeting on March 1st at 645AM in room 5-216 (Stringers Room). You do not have to be a member to attend the club.    

Filmmaking Club moves to Thursday, March 3rd in 8-204. Be there to get your permission slip. A short film is in the works as well. See club leader Noah Shields or be at Thursday’s meeting if you’re interested in being a part of the cast or crew for the project. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins, Go Bobcats!