1 March Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Tuesday, March 1, 2022 

College Night at Venice High School. On Tuesday, March 1, Venice High School hosts the 19th annual Sarasota County College Night. At 5:30pm, presenters will explain the State University Admissions system. From 6 to 7:30pm, college admissions representatives from over 60 colleges and universities will meet with students in the gym. Undecided? Ready to apply? Come out to college night on March 1.

Students that had a 4.0 gpa last quarter (2nd quarter) can sign up to play kickball for the Tobacco FREE Kick BUTTS game against STAFF that is March 11th during 8th period.  See Ms. Stringer in room 5216 or send an email to Ms. stringer to sign up to play and for more information. 

Seniors!

Thursday March 3rd is the second to last time you can recertify and be tested as a DRUG FREE YOUTH for the DFY graduation cord at the Morgan Center from 2:30 to 5:30. 

Sports!

There will be a mandatory football meeting this Friday March 4th at 2:30PM immediately after school in the Locker Room. This is a mandatory meeting. If it is not attended, then it is assumed that they are not playing this spring. 

Are you interested in Cheering on the sideline or competing with our state ranked team next year? There will be a Mandatory Pre-tryout meeting for Cheerleading on Wednesday, March 9th in the cafeteria at 6:30pm.  You and a parent/guardian must attend to get all of the information to be able try out in April. 

Clubs!

NHS Wednesday 7:00am 

Fishing Club, Wednesday afternoon, starting in 7-215 and then out to the lake. 

Philosophy Club Wednesday Afternoon in 8-201

Anime Club Wednesday Afternoon  in 8-214

FFEA Wednesday Afternoon in 5-107

Filmmaking Club moves to Thursday, March 3rd in 8-204. Be there to get your permission slip. A short film is in the works as well. See club leader Noah Shields or be at Thursday’s meeting if you’re interested in being a part of the cast or crew for the project. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins, Go Bobcats!