31 March Daily Announcements

Good morning, Bobcats! Today is Thursday, March 31, 2022. 

SGA challenges you to compete against other classes during Spring Spirit Week. 

All entries must tag @springspiritweek_2022 when posting on their story, and must put a hashtag with their grade (#Seniors), 

best dressed each day will win a free Chick-fil-a card, and most spirited class will be announced on April 8th.

Spirit Week will continue this whole week. Tomorrows theme is Bobcat Pride Day. Be positive, creative, and represent your class in a positive way! Paint, toy weapons, masks, and bandanas are prohibited items.  

If you need a car wash, members of TSA will be at Advance Auto Parts in North Port from 10am to 1pm on Saturday.  

TSA is raising money to attend the National competition in Dallas this summer. Please come out and support! 

Freshmen, if you are looking for a fun and rewarding elective, Journalism wants you!  

Camera-people, reporters, writers, graphic designers, if you want to make the news, it’s the class for you! 

Sign up for Journalism when you choose your classes. Please also complete the short application form using the QR code on the screen.

The SSC presents the annual Career Fair HERE at NPHS on Monday, April 11 from 8:30 to 12:30 in the Gym.  You will have a chance to meet local business owners and recruiters and explore future career options.  More information to come, but as always, see Mrs. Thiel in the Student Success Center for help with job and college applications, resumes, and more. 

There are also limited spots available for both players and cheerleaders for the Powder Puff Football tournament on April 8. See Mrs. Hamer in 7-115 or your class Blackboard page. 

STC has 10 spots remaining for Electricity and 5 spots for Carpentry (PM session only) at the North Port Branch for next 22-23 school year.  Current Sophomores and Juniors CAN STILL apply. Please contact STC directly for consideration – NOT North Port High .   

Prom tickets go on sale on Monday, April 4 to seniors. Forms are available at the administration office. Ticket sales will open to Juniors after 2 days and will be on sale until April 22 or while supplies last. To be eligible for prom you must have fewer than 8 unexcused absences, a 2.0 GPA, and no suspension or second chance agreement. 

Juniors and Seniors – check your class blackboard page for a link to request songs to be played at prom.  

Seniors! 

Jostens will be on campus in the cafeteria during all lunches, Wednesday April 6, to deliver announcements to those that ordered.  Cap and gown orders may also be placed at this time.   

STC is still offering 3 spots for Electricity to take once graduated for their adult program.  Please contact STC directly for consideration.

Clubs/ After School!

NAO, the North Port Ambassadors’ Organization will be meeting after school now Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:15 – 3:00 in room 5-116.  They are a group that welcomes all new students from any origin.  They will be doing activities like Team Building and Campus Tours.  This is mainly for students from Europe who have recently moved because of world events.  There will be translators present, teacher help, and fun activities. 

Want to increase your SAT or ACT score?  Looking to qualify for certain scholarships or entry into a certain college?  North Port High’s after school ACT/SAT Prep is for you!  We have 2 separate prep camps, each 4 days long for a total of 6 hours in the Media Center classroom. If you are interested please email [email protected] or see her in Building 1 to register.  

April 4th- 7th from 2:30-4:00 

April 11th- 14th from 2:30-4:00 

If you went on the field trip with the Coexistence Club on 18 February, please see Mr. Mannino if you left your book to be signed by the author. Mr. Mannino is in room 8-204. 

If you are interested in joining the film club, please come to the meeting after school on Wednesdays. Film Club meets in Mr. Mannino’s room, 8-204. The club is beginning to map out next year and get ideas for cool movies to watch, and cool movies to film, edit, and produce. We will also be working with some local leaders promoting local environmental and artistic initiatives. 

Student-led Bible studies are beginning after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, until the end of the year. Hosted by FCA, see Mrs. Rutherford for details. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins, Have a Great Day and Be YOUR Bobcat Best!