6 April Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Wednesday, April 6, 2022.  

The North Port Theatre Department presents Disney’s Mary Poppins on Friday at 7pm, Saturday at 7pm or Sunday at 3pm. Adults are $12. Students are $5. Children 6 and under are Free. It’s going to be a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious event! Come out and enjoy the performance! 

STC has 10 spots remaining for Electricity and 5 spots for Carpentry (PM session only) at the North Port Branch for next 22-23 school year.  Current Sophomores and Juniors CAN STILL apply. Please contact STC directly for consideration – NOT North Port High .   

The SSC presents the annual Career Fair HERE at NPHS on Monday, April 11 from 8:30 to 12:30 in the Gym. You will have a chance to meet local business owners and recruiters and explore future career options. More information to come, but as always, see Mrs. Thiel in the SSC for help with job and college applications, resumes, and more. 

Prom tickets are on sale now. Forms are available at the administration office. Ticket sales will open to Juniors on Friday April 8 and will be on sale until April 22 or while supplies last. To be eligible for prom you must have fewer than 8 unexcused absences, a 2.0 GPA, and no suspension or second chance agreement. Prom will be held on April 30 at Venice Community Center. 

Juniors and Seniors – check your class blackboard page for a link to request songs to be played at prom. 

Seniors!

Jostens will be on campus in the cafeteria during all lunches today to deliver graduation announcements to those that ordered them.  Cap and gown orders may also be placed at this time. Do not wait. Time is running out to order your Cap and gown. Cap and gowns will be delivered at Senior Barbecue on May 10 after school. 

STC is still offering 3 spots for Electricity to take once graduated for their adult program.  Please contact STC directly for consideration. 

After School/Clubs!

Student-led Bible studies are beginning after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, until the end of the year. Hosted by FCA, see Mrs. Brittany Rutherford for details. 

Want to increase your SAT or ACT score?  Looking to qualify for certain scholarships or entry into a certain college? North Port High’s after school ACT/SAT Prep is for you!  The next camp starts Monday. If you are interested please email Mrs. Ladimir ([email protected]) or see her in Building 1 to register.  

April 11th- 14th from 2:30-4:00 

NAO, the North Port Ambassadors’ Organization will be meeting after school now Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:15 – 3:00 in room 5-116. They are a group that welcomes all new students from any origin.  They will be doing activities like Team Building and Campus Tours.  This is mainly for students from Europe who have recently moved because of world events.  There will be translators present, teacher help, and fun activities.

North Port Works, North Port Wins, Be Your Bobcat Best!