11 April Daily Announcements

Good morning Bobcats! Today is Monday, April 11, 2022.  

Journalism staff congratulates the cast and crew of Mary Poppins for their incredible efforts this weekend. Great job! 

Are you interested in playing a 3 on 3 basketball tournament? Form a team or come solo! All are welcome, entry fee is $5 per player and $1 for spectator. On April 23, 2022, at 11 am AT THE CAGE. All funds will help support Technology Student association. The winner will receive a cash grand prize! Concessions will be available as well!

How skilled are you at Super Smash Bros? On April 22 from 2:30-4:30 pm a Smash Brothers tournament will take place in room 4-107. It’s a $5 entry free for a cash prize. All money will go to the Technology student association. Concessions will be available. 

STC has 10 spots remaining for Electricity and 5 spots for Carpentry (PM session only) at the North Port Branch for next 22-23 school year.  Current Sophomores and Juniors CAN STILL apply. Please contact STC directly for consideration – NOT North Port High.

Prom tickets are on sale now. Forms are available at the administration office. Ticket sales will open to Juniors on Friday April 8 and will be on sale until April 22 or while supplies last. To be eligible for prom you must have fewer than 8 unexcused absences, a 2.0 GPA, and no suspension or second chance agreement. Prom will be held on April 30 at Venice Community Center. 

Juniors and Seniors – check your class blackboard page for a link to request songs to be played at prom.

Seniors!

STC is still offering 3 spots for Electricity to take once graduated for their adult program.  Please contact STC directly for          

consideration. 

After School/ Clubs!

If you are interested in joining the film club, please come to the meeting after school on Wednesdays. Film Club meets in Mr. Mannino’s room, 8-204. The club is beginning to map out next year and get ideas for cool movies to watch, and cool movies to film, edit, and produce. They will also be working with some local leaders promoting local environmental and artistic initiatives. 

Coexistence Club will still meet in Mr. Mannino’s room, 8-204, on the Wednesdays after school.

Student-led Bible studies are beginning after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, until the end of the year. Hosted by FCA, see Mrs. Brittany Rutherford for details. 

North Port Works, North Port Wins, Be Your Bobcat Best!