2 September Announcements

Come out after school to the Courtyard and enjoy music from our Marching Band, and Cheer with our Cheerleaders and show your support for our Football team as we celebrate our FIRST Home Football game in our new stadium! We will be starting right at 2:15. Stick around for a few minutes with us while the parking lot traffic clears out and enjoy some school spirit! 

Senior Bundle Sales have been extended through 9/6. Don’t wait! T-shirt, hoodie, and panoramic photo are only available in the bundle. Buy online through the School Store.

September 6 from 5-7 pm on the campus at large is our Open House Parent Night. Bring your parents or guardians and show them around your campus to meet your teachers. There will also be clubs, athletic teams, and performers ready to show you many of the amazing activities at our school. 

National Honor Society is now accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year. NHS is open to any sophomore, junior, and senior with at least a 3.0 GPA and is involved in leadership and volunteer work in the school and community. If you are interested in applying to be in NHS, please see Mrs. Stoutjesdyk before or after school in room 8-107 to get an application packet. Applications are due Friday, September 9 by 2:30pm. 

Upcoming college visits include:

• Thursday Sept 22 at 8:30 am – Florida Poly Tech. 
  • Thursday Sept. 29 at 10:15 am – Florida Southern

Registration for a FREE Drivers Ed. program is open to current students with a Florida drivers license or permit, through the QR code. Registration is first come, first serve. You must complete the pre-drive virtual course within seven days of registration confirmation. 

FCA will meet in the tell lab during all lunch periods. Permission slips will be available in Mr. Kemble’s room 5-209 and on Friday in the tell lab.  There will be pizza for those who attend. See Mrs. Wood in 4-216 or Ms. Lord in 4-110 for a True Colors GSA permission slip. AM meetings with Ms. Lord begin September 12. PM meetings with Mrs. Wood begin September 13. Board members wanted! Drug Free Youth DFY CATCH club will be meeting 1st and 3rd Tuesdays every month beginning September 6 at 700am in room 5216. See Ms. Stringer 5-216 for permission forms.

North Port works, North Port wins, as always, I’m your host Kevyn Dufresne, and have a fantastic Friday. GO BOBCATS!