20 September Announcements

Breaking news! Homecoming details are here. The Homecoming dance will be on Saturday, October 29 from 7 to 10 pm here at NPHS in the Cage. Tickets will be $30. We’ll have all the details about tickets soon. Remember, attendance and behavior expectations must be met to be allowed to attend homecoming.

Can’t wait to throw it back at this Friday’s football game. Wear your best retro fit and come out to support the Bobcat football team as they play Ida Baker.

Season passes are still available to purchase. Stop by the athletic department before and after school and see Coach Miller. Student passes are $40 and adult $60. If you purchased a pass and still need your sticker on your ID please bring your temporary pass to athletics along with your ID. 

ASVAB testing will take place on 4 October at 0800 in the PAC. Please see Mr. Coulson in the Student Success Center for sign ups. 

Congrats to Evan Crane and Malia Hambrick and the rest of the cross country team for a great showing at the North Port Invitational over the weekend. Evan and Malia both set new school records with their runs. Great job everyone! 

Seniors! Cady studios will be back at NPHS on October 14 for senior portraits. Schedule now! www.cady.com/book. 

The Volleyball Program is having a spirit night fundraiser at the Chipotle in North Port from 5pm-9pm! Mention NPHS Volleyball at check out to help support our program! 

There will be a manufacture’s tour on Oct 7th. Students will be touring PGT and Weber MFG. Seating is limited so sign up ASAP with Mrs. Halbert and Mr. Coulson in the student success center. 

French club will hold its first meeting THIS THURSDAY September 22nd from 2:15 – 3:30 pm in Madame M’Bark’s room, 8-217.  Venez tous! 

Upcoming College Visits: 

• Thursday Sept 22 at 8:30 am – Florida Poly Tech. 
  • Thursday Sept. 29 at 10:15 am – Florida Southern

ACT AND SAT PREP WORKSHOP:

• Register Now by scanning the QR code shown!
  • Sessions are at North Port High School from 3:15 – 5:15 pm 
  • Attendance at all dates is required for this workshop 

Special Events:

To honor Constitution week, we will be reading a part of the bill of rights each day. Tune in for more amendments the rest of the week! 

Amendment III 

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law. 

Amendment IV 

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. 

North Port works, North Port wins, as always, I’m your host Kevyn Dufresne, and have a terrific Tuesday GO BOBCATS!