17 November Bobcats

Sports News! 

Congratulations to Elijah Lubsey for setting a new school record at Tuesday’s basketball game! He scored 46 points plus 18 rebounds and 3 assists against Imagine School. Great job, Elijah! 

Clubs News! 

Attention all students, 

Monday through Thursday, you can attend tutoring from 2:30 to 3:30PM 

– Math Lab continues in the media center on Monday and Thursday for Algebra 1 and 2 and Geometry. If you need help with Pre-Calculus, come to room 4-211 & 4-212 on Wednesdays  

– ACT/SAT English will be on Thursdays in room 8-205, 

– ACT/SAT Math and science will be in room 5-216 on Thursdays, 

– CTE tutoring is in 1-213 or 5-202 B on Mondays 

Supervised study hall will still be every Monday-Thursday in the media center after school 

French Club: 

Tomorrow, wear the colors of any Francophone (french-speaking) country to wrap up French Week! Some Francophone countries include: Belgium, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, the Ivory Coast, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, France, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Switzerland, Togo and Vanuatu.

Use the QR code to complete the French trivia contest! If you get all of the answers correct, take a screenshot and show it to Miss Kuyper on Friday. You can find Miss Kuyper in room 8-111 before school or during your lunch on Friday.

Attention Coexistence Club members: docents are needed for the annual Embracing Our Differences exhibit that runs from 18 January to 12 March! Docents are people that encourage thoughtful discussion while appreciating and analyzing artwork. The training will be at Riverview High School on 2 December. This training will allow members to guide visitors through the exhibit in the spring. What’s super cool about this year is that part of the exhibit will be right here in Northport at Butler Park which will allow NPHS students to guide elementary schools from our area through the artwork!  

Please see Mr. Mannino for a form to attend training at Riverview High School on December 2nd. 

Academic News! 

If you have library books, textbooks or workbooks from NPHS or any Sarasota county school that were lost or damaged during Hurricane Ian, please see Mrs. Jorge in the Media Center as soon as possible so that she can take care of that for you and replace any materials that you need. 

Seniors! Limited appointments available for senior portraits available on November 30 here at NPHS. There are no more dates at NPHS after this date. Schedule now at www.cady.com/book.